Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SHORT FEATURE: QUEEN - RADIO GA GA

Among the many, many documents to come out of Vatican II was a short little piece entitled the Decree on the Means of Social Communication wherein we’re told “decent radio and television programs should be effectively supported, especially those suited to the family. Ample encouragement should be given to Catholic transmissions which invite listeners and viewers to share in the life of the Church and which convey religious truths.”

I’m not sure my appearance on The Drew Mariana Show counts as decent or that it conveyed any truth beyond the fact that I probably made a good choice in not making The B-Movie Catechism a podcast, but you can drop by Relevant Radio’s archives (http://relevantradio.com/audios/the-drew-mariani-show) and decide for yourself. My segment appears during the first hour from the Feb. 23rd broadcast.

In case you’re wondering, I received the invite due to my recent article for Aleteia in which I discussed God at the Oscars. I can’t say the article itself was any more decent than my radio performance, but at least it was coherent. For Drew’s listeners, alas, I’m afraid all they probably heard was a bunch of… wait for it… radio ga ga…

2 comments:

Xena Catolica said...

Okay, I got through 3 minutes of that video and I'm feeling more benevolent toward my parents for not letting me have MTV in the 80s.

I clearly remember Casey Casum deadpanning very badly through this one on the Countdown in that very brief time before I became a headbanger....

EegahInc said...

So, not up there with Bohemian Rhapsody then?