Friday, October 19, 2012

THINGS TO COME: LEFT BEHIND (THE REBOOT)

Normally on Things To Come I present a trailer or news article about an upcoming movie and proceed to offer some snarky commentary, but for this…

Variety reports that “Nicolas Cage is in negotiations to topline "Left Behind," a mainstream reboot of the Christian-themed movie trilogy that will mark the first film from Stoney Lake Entertainment, a new production company led by Paul Lalonde of faith-oriented banner Cloud Ten Pictures… [the] project, budgeted in the $15 million range, was shopped at last year's American Film Market. Production is expected to begin in early spring with an eye toward wide release in the fourth quarter of 2013. Lalonde told Variety that there is a theatrical guarantee in place from distributor Samuel Goldwyn Films.”

… for the news that Nick Cage may be starring in a reboot of the world’s most popular dispensationalist thriller series… I’m just gonna let that one stand all on its on.

Cage

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Judging by past performance in Wicker Man, I'm breathless to see how they manage to scrub religion from "Left Behind".

I'm putting my money on aliens. Only because zombies may be played out by release date.

EegahInc said...

I'm just waiting for the trailer to see if Cage has any "Not the bees!" moments. That alone would probably make me watch it.

Retro Hound said...

For those of us that like things a bit bizarre, this is the best news all year.

EegahInc said...

The more I think about it, the more I want this to happen.