Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TINSELTOWN TESTAMENTS

GALATIANS 5:21

Douay-Rheims Version: “Envies, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. Of the which I foretell you, as I have foretold to you, that they who do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God.”

Revised Standard Version: “Envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

New American Bible: “Occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Animal House: “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.”

Animal House

2 comments:

Robert M. Lindsey said...

I remember living in the dorms at a state college and reading in Romans, "They invent ways of doing evil" and thinking that was about right.

EegahInc said...

As a child of the late 70s-early 80s, Animal House and its Delta boys were of course a big favorite. But as often happens, time and a little wisdom has brought me to the point where I see, at least in the scene where he says this quote, Dean Wormer was actually right. Who would of thought?